The WSBA women's peloton, led by Team Thrive, are excited to offer this coached, one-day clinic and sanctioned racing for new racers, as well as returning Cat 4 and Cat 3 women!
In the morning clinic session, Marsa Daniel of MD Endurance Coaching, will be putting together a solid program, focusing on a variety of road racing skills (cornering, sprinting, pack riding & pacelining). There will also be some guidance on how to structure a race warm-up, and the opportunity to do some simulated racing. Allowing for newer racers get a feel for the experience, and returning racers to dust off their pack skills after winter training.
Immediately following the clinic, in the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to race in USAC sanctioned races to put your skills to the test!
- 9:30a-10a: Registration/check-in
- 10a-1p: Clinic
Race: Starting at 1:30p
- 1:30p: Cat 3 Women (40min)
- 2:15p: Cat 4 Women (30min)
- 3p: Beginner Women [Cat 4 Women w/ less than 5 races completed/Cat 5 Women] (30min)
- Clinic: https://www.usacycling.org/register/2018-371
- Race: https://www.usacycling.org/register/2018-375
- Clinic: $15
- Race: $25 pre-reg/$30 day-of
**A valid USAC license is required to participate in the clinic and/or the race. You can purchase an annual license, or you will need to purchase a one-day license for $10 (preferrably through http://www.usacycling.org, but purchasing on-site is also an option)
Things to bring:
- Standard road bike (no time-trial bikes or bikes with front facing bar-ends). Please remove fenders/racks/lights, etc.
- Helmet (required) and suitable clothing (be sure to check the weather, as we will play in rain or shine!)
- Food/water (Pacific Raceways is several miles from any grocery store/food services. Prepare accordingly to keep yourself fueled throughout the day)
Other things of note:
- The morning clinic DOES NOT count as a sanctioned "Upgrade Clinic" (to learn more about those, please visit http://www.cycleu.com)
- You may race regardless of participation in the clinic
- Cat 4 women with LESS than 5 races completed may choose to participate in either the Cat 4 race, or the Cat 4/5 race
*Photo, courtesy of Woodinville Bicycle (https://woodinvillebicycle.smugmug.com/)